” It was more like cut and paste with a twist. And I really enjoyed it… To bury myself into the world of Photoshop, finding new ways to highlight the important things on the advert I was making. I realized I had vision and inspiration struck me during the creation time. That was a total Vow!-feeling for me”
As a marketing assistant intern in Turku City’s largest event venue Logomo in 2014 spring I was trusted with the Adobe Suite programs to create stuff. Like lot of stuff. I had had some practice on Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesing during my one year course in my marketing communications school, but this was real business world.
So, what did I do? I learned by making. My strength has always been to find information that helps me when I don’t know what to do. I only need a vision of what I want to do with the given material. I find a way to make it happen.
Logomo works included but were not limited to as follows.
- I was responsible of creating adverts about the coming events in Logomo. I used mainly Photoshop.
- I also did layouts for a few guidebook and marketing material with InDesing.
- I also used my Illustrator skills to create posters and instruction leaflets.
- My other duties were to update social media such as Facebook and Instagram.
- I was also the hostess of Logomo meetings and guarded the info point on the company environment.
I worked independently most of my time. I loved solving problems I faced and learn new ways to make things happen with Photoshop. Because many newbies with the Photoshop know how that darling photo editing program can be a real b**** when it feels like it. I mean come on! But the most empowering thing is once you get the mission impossible done and the end product looks amazing!
So the most important thing that I learned is that the repetitive doing of things is the mother of all learning. And it proved that I can learn whatever I want as long as I have Google.